Mr Wagner's Physical Education Schedule Spring Semester 2016 1st Period 8:15-9:01 High School Physical Education T/F and Prep M/TH 2nd Period 9:04- 9:48 Weight Training M/Th Prep T/F 3rd Period 9:51-10:35 8th grade Physical Education M/TH High School Weight Training T/F 4th Period 10:38-11:22 8th grade Physical Education M/Th Senior Seminar 11:25-11:50 5th Period 12:18- 1:03 7th grade Physical Education M/TH 11:53- 12:39 High School Physical Education T/F 6th Period 1:07- 1:51 7th grade Physical Education M/TH High School Physical Education T/F 7th Period 1:54-2:38 High School Physical Education M/TH and T/F 8th Period 2:41- 2:25 High School Physical Education M/TH and 5th grade Physical Education T/F
PHYSICAL EDUCATION HIGH SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS RULES AND GRADING COURSE CONTENT
The course will consist of various activities. You will be graded on daily participation and personal qualities, which ends up being the majority of your grade. Points will be added together to give you a quarter and semester grade. Each day you are in class it is worth 3 points and it will be broken into the following categories:
A) GAME/DAILY PARTICIPATION1 POINT PER DAY
B) PERSONAL QUALITIES 2 POINTS PERDAY
(SPORTSMANSHIP, ATTITUDE, CARE OF EQUIPMENT,COOPERATION, RESPECT FOR OTEHRS, ETC.)
In addition, the following points will be added or subtracted from the final quarter grade.
C) DEMERIT SYSTEM 5 POINTS OFF GRADE
Students will receive one demerit for improper behavior including, but not excluded to:
5) Anything that may arise and is at the discretion of the instructor.
6) A zero for the day will be given before 5 points are taken off their grade with the exception of forgetting their P.E clothes.
7) Food will be taken from students if brought to the gym area.
8) Absolutely no cell phones usage is allowed in the locker rooms or gym area.
D) SPECIAL PROJECTS/REPORTS These will be assigned for a doctor’s excuse, long term illness, injury, or any other excused absences. Reports or projects not turned in by the end of a quarter/semester will receive an incomplete grade. E) MAKING UP ABSENCES
You will not be required to make up the first absence. However, any absence after that must be made up by the end of that particular quarter. This requirement involves 30 minutes of walking before school or through an arrangement with Coach Wagner. If the walking requirements are not made up by the end of that semester a zero will be given for that absence.
F) GRADING SCALE
100 - 94 A 93 – 92 A- 91 – 90 B+ 89 – 84 B 83 – 82 B- 81 – 80 C+ 79 – 74 C 73 – 72 C- 71 – 70 D+ 69 – 64 D 63 – 62 D- 61 – Below F
ADDITIONAL ATTENDANCE POLICIES
1) If a student is absent 11 days from P.E. the student will be droppedfrom the class and will receive no credit for the class. (seehandbook)
2) An absence is constituted by a miss other than a school sponsored trip. Mr. Wagner may also use his discretion with excusing absences.
3) You will not be excused from P.E. for any other class activities unless approved by Mr. Wall.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.